Sunday, March 22, 2009

Just Last Week

I've almost finished the project I've been working on using the selvage blocks I've made. A few folks have seen the real thing, but when it's totally finished, I'll show the world what it looks like as well as showing a few steps (and missteps) along the way.

Blinky was "helping" by cutting (biting through) my thread periodically. After the third or fourth time of having to rethread the needle, I made her a place to park on my sewing table. She stayed there until the patch of sunshine moved on, and then finished napping on the rug close by.

Here's another thing I made yesterday.
Yep, that's the end of my finger. I had a close encounter of the unfortunate kind with a rotary cutter. The big one. With the new blade.

2 comments:

Angi said...

Ouch!

Anonymous said...

That's gross!! I can't believe you put that on there!!

P.S. - Hope it heals soon!