Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This Should Have Been First



GOODIES: So my blog title starts out Grammy's, but I'm just now posting the pictures of what (I should say WHO) makes me Grammy. I realize that I posted a picture of my cat before these! Caleb (almost 3) doesn't like having his picture made these days, so I've had to use an older studio picture (rights properly purchased). Alexa (11 months), is quite the ham, so I had multitudes of photo choices for her. Gramps and I are finding grandparenting to be much more fun than parenting!

I had a dental appointment this afternoon. We've been seeing the same dentist for 30+ years, but now his youngest son has joined the practice, and he's in the office more often than his dad is. It was a little hard to get used to at first, since I knew the son when he was in diapers! Ah, another reminder of the pages of the calendar whizzing by.

GRIPE: I've decided that I need another heading for my day's comments. Sometimes (like today) I might have something to say that's really neither a Goody nor a Gripe. So, borrowing a word from the Executive Vice President at my company, the new category is called Weirdies.

WEIRDY: One of the girls in the office had a telephone message that she didn't know what to do with, so she sent it to me, the Office Manager. The President of our company spends most of his work days in research and writing. He generally does not take telephone calls, preferring to communicate using email, which he can do from home in the evenings. The particular caller who left the message wanted to speak to the President, "Right now." Since the President had left the office and wouldn't be back for a week, I asked Ashley to call the man back, tell him that, and ask if she could relay a message to the President. She called me back with this message, "I want to talk to him before I die, and all my doctors say I won't be here by the time he's back in the office." To make a long story short, he was for real. He'd met our President at one of his speaking engagements in California. So we in the office can rest tonight knowing that we facilitated a last request.

Finally, my apologies for not having anything particularly witty to say today. I'll try to do better in the future.




No comments: