Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gotta Get in on the Act


Since everyone else seems to be doing the blog thing, I thought I'd try it, too. The only problem is that I basically have no life, besides reading other people's blogs, so it is likely I'll not have much to post.

About my profile picture: Thanks to Joseph at
American Vision for not only making the picture for the staff page of our company web site, but for removing a good many of my wrinkles, too! I feel as if I've gotten the star treatment!

GOODIES: CVS Stuff

I'm not as good as Emily (yet), but here's my first attempt and having CVS pay me to bring stuff home. The bottom line is that my total was $28.95 but I only spent $10.64 of my money. And I came away with $14.98 in Extra Bucks, plus another coupon good for $5 off of a $25 purchase. Not bad for a beginner! The Extra Bucks are just like money to spend on anything at all at CVS (except for prescriptions -- bummer).

Here's what I got:
  • Topping the list (always) Dove Chocolate, two bags for $6, but I had a MFC (manufacturer's coupon) for buy-one-get-one-free, so the net result is that I paid $1.50 per bag.
  • Adidas Deodorant (I hope the idea here is for your underarms NOT to smell like your sneakers.) I paid $4.99, but got back $4.99 in EB (Extra Bucks), so it was free.
  • Almay Eye Shadow. I was not in dire need of eye shadow (who is?) but I paid $6.99 and got back $5 in EB, so the net was $1.99.
  • One tube of Aqua Fresh toothpaste. It was $2.99, but I had a $1 MFC, so it was $1.99, but I got back $2.99 in EB, so I made a dollar!
  • Two tubes of Colgate toothpaste. They were on sale for $3.99 each, and I had a MFC for $1.50, so I paid $3.24 per tube, but I got $2 in EB.

The downside was that I spent a long time online looking for printable c0upons before I went. But the only other thing on my agenda was cleaning the bathrooms, so....

GRIPE: I'M LOSING MY BRAIN
I had some really good caramel ice cream. After I got a scoop last night, there was still about 3/4 of the carton left. James found it just a little while ago in the refrigerator.

3 comments:

EmilyV said...

You may have no life, but you are a much better writer than I am. So maybe you can make boring stuff sound interesting.

Anonymous said...

Kristina thought I was taking after you because she found a bag of bagels in the refrig. I gladly pointed out to her though, that it says on the bag "for maximum freshness, keep refrigerated." So there.

Liz said...

HA! That was great - I'm seriously going to have to get started on this CVS/Walgreens deal. I'm sorry about the ice cream - over here it would have been lucky to even have made it to the refrigerator......