Friday, May 30, 2008

I've Reached the One-Week Mark!

One week of blogging. It's been fun.

GOODIES:

I ran into CVS quickly on my way home from the bank and got one Adidas deodorant for $4.99, handed the cashier my $4.99 in EB, paid nothing, and got back another $4.99 in EB. Gotta love free deodorant.

We're going to a concert tonight at the Mable House - Barnes Amphitheater. I used to not like country music, but the only kind I knew anything about was the old, twangy stuff my parents used to listen to. When the only oldies station in town went off the air, I started listening to country and found that I enjoy the sound of contemporary country music. We bought tickets for the entire Country Nights series, so tonight we see Randy Travis.
We saw the Oak Ridge Boys a few weeks ago, and they were really good. Barnes Amphitheater's slogan is, So Close You Can Almost Touch the Stars, and it's true. Tables can be purchased (we just have seats) and people bring entire gourmet meals, complete with candlelight. The tables sit right in front of the stage where an orchestra pit might otherwise be. Behind the seats, there is also lawn seating. The whole venue holds about 2,000 people, I think. One of the attractions for us is that it's only about 10 minutes from our house.

Final goody: I finished all the housework today... or at least as much as I had intended to do!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I always liked Randy even when I decided I didn't really like country anymore. :) I like his Wind in the Wire CD best.