Monday, September 13, 2010

Git 'Er Done

As usual, a date for a bridal shower was creeping up on me, and I needed to get a gift ready. I chose the same apron pattern that I used here, but instead of the straight trim pieces, I made it with scallops. When I first saw the green plaid fabric from Phillip and Lystra, I immediately thought, "Apron." Even though I used part of the fabric for this bag, I was pretty sure there would still be plenty for the apron. I found the --ah -- inexpensive, shall we say, floral fabric at one of the few remaining Wal-marts that actually have fabric. I like to look at the bride's online gift registry so that I can choose colors that won't clash horribly with her kitchen, and so that I can get an idea of her style. This particular bride has chosen Fiesta Ware for her everyday dishes, so the clear, bright colors of this apron will be perfect.

Here's a close-up of the front.
The apron is fully lined in the floral fabric. I didn't like the way the label turned out for the first apron, so here's what I did this time. It's on the inside of the bib part.Finally, I got smart and made the gift-enclosure card to match.Now all I have to do is go by the Dollar Store and find a suitable (and matching!) gift bag. And I "got 'er done" a whole five days before the shower.

2 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh very cute! Love that floral fabric. If I were you I'd wrap the apron up in some of the leftover fabric and tie a ribbon around it. Have fun at the shower!

Angi said...

You rock!