Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bits and Pieces

A few days ago it occurred to me that the reason I haven't done much sewing lately is that the room had gotten to be such a mess! I had bits and pieces of leftover projects everywhere, and I can't work in clutter. After spending about two hours cleaning and putting away stuff, I think I can get busy now.
Here's a WIP (work in progress) on my flannel board. I bought these fabrics nearly six months ago, and they are gradually coming together. There's still one more strip to be added around each square. Then the squares will be cut and reassembled. The outcome is anyone's guess (including mine) at this point!

In addition to my late step-father's shirts, I also brought home all of his jeans. Part of the clutter in my sewing room was all the legs I had cut off, but that's where they've been sitting for a long time. So, this week, I got them cut into strips and some cut into squares. This will become a quilt too, but technically not a quilt because it will be tied and not quilted. I have no idea what the finished size will be until I get all the squares attached to one another.Phillip, Lystra, and Poppy sent me a cute cat puzzle and a treasure chest of fabrics for my birthday. I loved opening the box and unfolding each piece. Most of them will be great for my postcards, and I'm seeing an apron in that green, plaid fabric.Here's a couple of cards I sent them, using fabric from the box.

No comments: