Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Little Sewing

I haven't spent much time at the sewing machine lately, but I did make this new cover for the cushion on our two-person glider. The old cover was faded pretty badly. You can't tell from the picture, but the cover is made like a giant pillow case with a Velcro closure. That way, I can remove it and wash it as needed. (See this post on pollen season in the south.) There was enough extra fabric to make the little pillow as well, and I already had the pale yellow cording in my stash. I didn't make the plaid pillow. It's in one of the wicker rockers, so I took it with me when I was looking for glider fabric. I'm happy with how the two fabrics coordinate.

Recently I made a batch of fabric postcards, too, but since they haven't all reached their intended destinations, you'll have to wait to see those.

No comments: