Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another Flimsy

As promised, I've continued to work on the quilt of greens. Nine-and-a-half months after buying the fabric, and with my sewing room looking like a small explosion has erupted, the quilt top is finished. Cutting the various widths and lengths of fabric into strips to make up the blocks wasn't fun, but having seen this pattern on other quilters' blogs, I knew it was one I wanted to make. Once. And what possessed me to piece this complicated friendship braid border is beyond me. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very good at the piecing. So I advise you not to click and enlarge the photo. Please. Control yourself. You'll be sorry if you ignore my plea.
I've got some busy days coming up, so it may be a while before I get to the batting and backing stage. And, news flash: I'm keeping this quilt for myself!

4 comments:

Molly said...

It looks beautiful, but yes, you were NUTS to do that border. That must have taken hours!! Ugh! It did turn out quite nicely, though.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Guess what? I clicked on it!! And it was just perfect too. It's amazing! I love how the squares pop out at you. It sure looks like a lot of time was spent on it. Enjoy the next stage and I look forward to seeing it all finished. Right off to my sewing class, my last one with the little people.

Angi said...

Wow! I really like it - but makes my head hurt! You did a great job - as usual! Glad you are finally keeping something for yourself.

JEJJ said...

As of Wednesday night this quit is finally finish. It is now on the den sofa.