Friday, September 10, 2010

Hello, Friends

Last week I sent a couple of gifts to Karen, creator of The Selvage Blog. I have been enjoying the creative inspiration of her blog for several years now, and she has featured some of my selvage creations there. It was time to say, "Thank you!" for first opening up the idea to me that selvages are usable. My only regret is for the 40-ish years that I cut off selvages and threw them away!

In addition to one of my bookmarks, I sent her a needlework companion book, complete with a selvage cover. The book has dividers and blank pages for making notes about projects, threads, fabrics, etc., and a small zippered pocket in the back for holding swatches or samples. Here's what the front cover looks like.
And here's the back. A few close-ups, including one of the hidden button/elastic closure: Take a close look at the number 6 in the next photo. These color dots are supposed to be a single color, but this one looks like rainbow sherbet!
And the selvage on the orange, dotted fabric is different from most.
Click this link to check out Karen's blog. You just might find me there today.

No comments: