Monday, August 16, 2010

Unthinkable

Well, the unthinkable happened, and my computer went down with a virus again. With this rebuild, James loaded a different anti-virus program, and I've installed some additional Internet Explorer security tools. Even though Firefox is supposed to work better against viruses, I sure didn't find that to be the case.

Now I have this backlog of pictures and information. This dates back more than a month, but Emily and her crew, dressed as cows, attended Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a and were rewarded with free food for their efforts. My mom was trying to figure out how to put some of my late step-father's Masonic items into a shadowbox, so rather than explain how I'd do it, I just asked her if I could take the stuff and the box with me. Here's what I did, and she liked it.
Although I haven't done anything major, I've still spent a little time at the sewing machine.I've also been experimenting with bookmarks, from the inspiration of my baby sister. I haven't done a lot of searching yet, but I'd like to find a heavier card stock than what I usually use for the postcards. I also went back and added a little loop of ribbon at the tops of the bookmarks.I need to finish assembling the blocks for a quilt that I've been working on for a while, but I couldn't resist playing around a bit with a new project. No details yet, but here's what I've started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like my bookmark! Beats the receipt I usually use! I see it pictured in the post.