Monday, August 2, 2010

Back in the Land of the Living

Actually, I never left the land of the living, but my computer did. Right about the time we went on vacation (more on that later), my computer caught a virus. A really ugly one. One of the viral symptoms was a corruption of Google, and anything related to Google, i.e. G Mail and Blogger. All sorts of security warnings popped up if I attempted to log in (to create a new post or to comment on other blogs), so I just didn't. I tried to repair the damage myself (unsuccessfully) and then I tried to rebuild the computer myself (unsuccessfully). James ended up having to do it, and I'm just now starting to get everything back the way I want it. Since we have about eight computers in this house (if you must know, I'm married to an I.T. geek), you might think that being without one wouldn't be a problem. However, mine is the one with all the connections for logging in remotely to do my two bookkeeping jobs. Auuggghhhh! I really, really hope the evil people who create malicious computer viruses get the appropriate recompense. Personally, I can't think of any penalty severe enough.

On a happier note, today I have been married for thirty-five years. Here's what we looked like on August 2, 1975.

1 comment:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! That's a wonderful achievement indeed. I hope you have a very happy day today.

Sorry to hear about your virus. Jolly annoying things they are. Still better the computer sick than you! Funny, I was just thinking that I hadn't seen anything from you lately and here you are.