Monday, August 23, 2010

I Spy

I grew up with cats and even though James didn't, we've had many over our thirty-five years of marriage. We've never had more than four at a time (that was too many) but we've rarely had just one. Blinky is just one. It was obvious some time back that Blinky is a dominant feline, and after my beloved Daisy died a couple of years ago at age 17, we didn't think that Blinky would appreciate it if we introduced a new critter to the household. To put it a bit more succinctly, we were afraid she'd kill a kitten! Blinky is also the only cat who has ever been allowed to sleep with us. This was James' idea, not mine. Remark- ably, she parks herself at the foot of the bed, and stays right there all night. Conveniently, it is James' side of the bed. She will attempt a more prestigious spot on the bed, but once she's directed to move to her appointed place, she will.

Last night, I had been lying in bed flipping back and forth between baseball and football on TV. I got up for something or other, and when I returned, here's where I found the cat.
She didn't stay for very long, though.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Mine does that too. As soon as I get up, she gets in my spot (I guess because it is warm) and when I come back, just looks at me all innocently.

Dave said...

Could you get a picture of her leaving like the Cheshire cat?