Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where Did the Week Go?

It went by so fast -- unlike when you're working! Monday I made my usual grocery store and drug store runs. Run of the mill, that is. Also on Monday I went to the framing shop to order a shadow box of this Boy Scout memorabilia.This will be a birthday gift for James' daddy next month.The rest of Monday and Tuesday (excluding my dental cleaning -- no cavities) was spent doing the housework that didn't get finished last week. Also, I did some minor cooking in preparation for lunch with a couple of friends at my house on Wednesday. It was lots of fun looking at pictures from a recent class reunion and then looking up people in the yearbook when we had no clue who they were!

I went to Hancock Fabrics and Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts on Thursday. One of the things on my list was outdoor fabric to redo the cushion on the porch glider. I didn't come home with any. Bummer. I was also looking for Christmas fabric, but I'm still a bit early. They had Christmas crafting-type fabric out, but not really any dress fabric. Bummer. And I had to go to Little Quilts because neither of the fabric stores had leather thimbles, and I recently lost the one I had. Bummer again. Then... I had to go back to Jo-Ann's on Friday because I didn't realize that the sale featuring several things I wanted didn't start until Friday. This extra trip is beyond bummer, but I'm trying to keep it clean here. I got six patterns for $1 each. One dollar is about right. There's no way on earth I would pay $15.95 (the regular price each of three of them) for an envelope full of paper. If you want to look at my purchase Emily's way, I saved 94% on patterns! I also got ten spools of thread and a roll of quilt batting at half-price.


I spent a good part of Friday morning trying to figure out how to list something to sell on Ebay. I finally got there. Or here, if you prefer.
Finally, I've had this for a month and I keep forgetting to post it. When we vacation in the Charleston area, we usually attend Sunday worship at Eastbridge PCA in Mount Pleasant. When we stay on Isle of Palms, it's not a bad trip, but when we are at Folly Beach, it's nearly an hour drive. Come Sunday morning of vacation, James and I decided we didn't want to make the hour-long drive. (Takes longer to recover from the seven-hour Saturday drive to get to the beach.) So, we decided to go to the local Baptist church. It was an OK service, with a good, scriptural message. I love their slogan, taken from the bulletin:

No comments: