Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sewing to Get Where You're Going

Here's what I made (from a scrap I already had) this week.We have a GPS that I got last fall pretty much for free with CVS Extra Bucks.It's been living in this heirloom:Up until Phillip was about three or four years old, he had very fat feet, and I had to pay big bucks at specialty kids' shoe stores and get brand-name shoes in a wider width that would fit him. It was painful at the time. I saved two or three of the cute, little boxes, though. It wasn't a very good solution for the GPS since it won't fit in the glove box. Also, James' company flew him to Pasadena for a couple of days of work this week, and he needed to take the GPS. The shoebox is no good for packing in luggage, either. So now you know what the small, zippered pouch is for.
Sewing is a useful skill. Don't have something I need? No problemo. I'll make it.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I love the idea, but I think James needs a manlier GPS case.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I wish it were on the clothes line but unfortunately it's on an inside line today. Bit chilly out there today. In the warmer months I always use the outside line. So quick and easy. I can't believe it's a rare thing over in the US! We mostly all do it here.