Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fabric Bonanza

I hit the fabric jackpot this past week. Phillip sent me a package of some fat quarters and remnants he found at the JoAnn's store that is just about across the street from his apartment. (I have to drive 16 miles to the one in Kennesaw.) Included was this "remnant" of terrycloth. We have a ranch-style house with a very long hallway. This piece of fabric is about nine feet long! I told him that I thought I'd contact Zoo Atlanta and see if they need a towel for when they bathe the elephants! (Or maybe it would be better for giraffes.)

Also, a friend from church was given a bunch of fabric and she invited me to come and see if there was anything I wanted. Unfortunately, by the time we returned from vacation, it was pretty picked over by others. I did get a few pieces of mostly upholstery fabric, including some polished chintz. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I'm thinking it would make a cute teddy bear.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Cool! That terry cloth is especially useful - bathrobe? Bar towels? 3rd grandchild's bath towel?