Saturday, July 11, 2009

Monday - Good Shopping Day

I rarely hit this level, but I saved 78% at Publix this week. Here's what I got and what I paid:
  • $2.45 - two rolls of aluminum foil
  • $1.00 - two tubs of French onion dip (going to the beach)
  • $3.99 - two bags of chips (beach)
  • $0.40 - two ears of corn (not nearly enough for the beach)
  • $0.01 - bag of Publix chips (going for a "dip" at the beach)
  • $0.29 - three bottles of A-1 sauce
Total - $8.14; savings $29.07. I got the two bags of Lay's chips so that I would hit the $10 mark required for the penny item, but I still didn't get there. But the nice cashier gave it to me anyway.

I'm not sure I can even figure out what happened at CVS, but it was good! There was free scotch tape after Extra Bucks, and I picked up two rolls that were with the EB sign. After I paid and got to my car, I looked at everything and realized that I had gotten no EB for that item because I had picked up the wrong tape. It was supposed to be 700" and I got 1200". Bottom line: the manager who had also rung me up the first time refunded the difference in price, let me keep the 1200" rolls, and when she went to manually print the EB, instead of $1.49 each, they printed at $2.00 each! So, I made $1.02 bringing home 70% more free tape than I was supposed to.

2 comments:

EmilyV said...

My store gives me the penny item as long as my total was $10 before coupons. So sometimes on Mondays I only spend $3-$4.

Liz said...

Shweeeet!

Yeah, I got 4 bottles of A-1 for something like $0.89 cents - I had the $2 off coupon for 3 of them and a $1.25 from Kroger for the 4th.

This week, Kroger has Kelloggs as one of the "buy 10 get $5" and I have a rebate from Kmart's ad for buy 10 Kelloggs get $10 back by mail. On top of 6/7's coupons for $1 off Kelloggs of which I just HAPPEN to have 10.....

Don't ask what we're doing with 10 boxes of cereal. Starting an IHOC (International House of Cereal).