Saturday, July 4, 2009

Birthday Girl

Alexa turned two last week. Here are some photos of her birthday. Opening gifts with Mommy.Showing Gramps her new jewelry.
Caleb, trying out Alexa's gifts.The princess in her tiara.I keep reminding Emily that for this third one, due in December, I have my order in for a blue-eyed blond. My folks have eight grandchildren and eight (I think) great-grandchildren (so far) and the two pictured here are the only ones that don't have blue eyes. But this week, something hit me. (And I'm not referring to the lovely red vein.)

See that brown spot up at the top of my right eye? (It's not in the left eye.) I guess even though I have two blue-eyed children, I'm partly to blame for those brown-eyed grandchildren.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Since Emily has blue eyes, genetically she can't pass on any other colors except blue. So any green or brown you may have in your eyes won't be passed on through her.

Given that Emily has blue eyes, I have brown eyes, both my parents have brown eyes, and I have a sister with blue eyes, there is a 2 in 3 chance that our next child will have brown eyes, a 1 in 3 for blue eyes, and no chance for green eyes.

Liz said...

HA! Haha!!

Enjoyed the look of pure delight on Alexa's face. She is SO adorable....