Thursday, November 19, 2009

In Real Life

Well, my Thanksgiving dinner guest list is up to 17 (and it could go higher), so I thought I should do a little cleaning. Actually, I usually do a little cleaning. That's the problem. I need to do a bit more with company coming. There's a trend in the blogging world, at least in some of the blogs I read, to be more realistic -- tell it like it is -- don't crop the messes out of the pictures, etc. So, in that spirit, I took down the kitchen curtains yesterday to wash them, and I honestly can't remember doing this before in the eight years we've lived in this house. Now it's quite possible that they have been washed and my memory is faulty, and they didn't seem to be eight years' worth of dirt, but there you have it.

I need to wash these as well, but I'm afraid to. I'm afraid I won't remember how to recreate the bunchy, floral-looking knot in the middle.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You're supposed to wash curtains??

Oh....