Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas Outfits Update

I have been able to work a little bit here and there on Caleb & Alexa's Christmas outfits. Although I measured both kids before I began, I still wanted to check the fit before I went any further. As expected, Caleb's vest is a little big, but Alexa's dress is a good fit. Obviously, I haven't attached the skirt to the bodice yet. Because the dress is designed with a high waist, the bodice is sort of a midriff top right now. Caleb didn't like seeing the skin around Alexa's middle. He said the dress is too little and she'll be cold. It's really hard to explain the finer (or even the simpler) points of dressmaking to a four-year old!

That looooong, gathered piece of tulle you see is the ruffle on the attached petticoat of the skirt. Gee, I wish I knew about that before I chose this pattern!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I still don't understand the simpler points of dressmaking.