Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Up to Something

I haven't blogged a whole lot in the last few days, but I have been busy. Here's a get well card I made for my baby sister who recently had surgery.And do you remember this fabric bundle that I got a few weeks ago? (Poor photo -- sorry.) It has been cut into squares and strips, along with some solid, off-white fabric.It doesn't look like much yet, but I've started sewing the blocks together.Finally, I got two bags full of my step-father's shirts last week, with a plan to cut them up and make them into a quilt for my mom.Today I was meeting a friend for coffee (tea in my case) near my favorite quilt shop. We both went to the shop, and I chose fabric for the back of the quilt, along with another fabric to give a little zing to the front; otherwise, all those blues/grays/black would be just too boring. I'm going to keep those two items a surprise. I haven't begun cutting up the shirts yet, but this project will move ahead of the bundle of greens.

1 comment:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I like the sound of this quilt! Thrifted fabric quilts are the best ones I think. Look forward to your second instalment!

Very nice card you made as well. Love the stitching. I've been to scared to use my machine for paper. It's probably fine really.