Monday, February 15, 2010

I Love Bargains!

Thankfully, the snow that was predicted for this morning didn't happen. A friend suggested that instead of 1" - 2" of snow, we're having 1" - 2" of sunshine. Nice. So, I was able to make my grocery store and drug store runs this morning. At Publix, I spent only ninety-seven cents for what you see here: six bags of frozen vegetables, four 40-count boxes of sweetener, and three Chapsticks. Coincidentally, my savings was 97%. Yipee!

At Rite Aid, they had this moisturizer with sunscreen priced at three for $18. There is a manufacturer's rebate for $15, so that makes the price $1 each. But guess what? (You probably did.) I had three $1 coupons, so the moisturizer is free. But wait! I also had a $5 Rite Aid coupon that came in the mail recently, since I'm one of their favorite customers. What's so ironic is that I almost never "buy" anything there unless it's free (after rebate usually). So in essence, Rite Aid paid me $5 to bring home three bottles of moisturizer that I like and would have needed to buy anyway. I love bargains!

No comments: