Thursday, December 10, 2009

It Never Hurts to Ask

Eight days ago I spent $32 at J C Penney. The next day, I got a coupon in the mail for $10 off of a $25 purchase. So I went back to Penneys yesterday, showed them my receipt and the coupon, and asked what they could do for me. At first the cashier told me that the dates of the coupon were still valid, so go ahead and use it. But I pointed out that I would have to spend another $25 to do so. Then she told me that if I would come back to her register, she would give me $10 off a purchase of any amount. I got a Christmas ornament on sale (regular price $11.99), and a three-pack of men's socks on clearance (regularly $12). I didn't make a photo because I hope you know what socks look like, and the ornament is a gift. I paid less than a dollar out of pocket for both the socks and the ornament. As a matter of fact, once the $10 discount was taken, the socks rang up at 43 cents, and the ornament at 35 cents. Not a bad deal at all!

1 comment:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

And that's what you call a real bargain!! Doesn't it make you feel really good?