Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nothing Prosaic

I have worked a ton this past week, so I'm short of time. I'll have to give pictures and more details later, but here are the week's highlights.

  • The quilt show was marvelous, as usual.
  • I entered the selvage purse in the North Georgia State Fair, and I happen to know that it won a ribbon, but I'm not telling which one just yet.
  • We opted out of the Braves game last Saturday because of so much rain in the area. A few years ago, I would have gone anyway, but I'm way over the desire to sit out in the rain and watch a baseball game.
  • Speaking of rain, we had over 11" at our house over six days. Much of our county had it far worse, with some places getting over 20" in a day or two. Atlanta saw flooding of historic proportions. Thankfully, we had no water in the house nor in the basement.
  • I made pralines and entered them in the fair as well. I don't know yet how they fared, ribbon-wise.
  • The only sewing I did was to make valences and a patchwork pillow for Caleb's room. I'll show those later.
  • I'm hoping that by this time next week I will have all my bookkeeping work caught up and I can resume a normal schedule. But it'll be a long shot.

No comments: